Thursday, August 26, 2010
Saturday, August 21, 2010
What we have learned (in no particular order)
- When they say the 2 week honeymoon is over...it is when it came to Aiden slightly changing as she got used to living with us
- It is a complete change of lifestyle from having 0 kids to 2
- That no matter what happens that Family & Friends are always there for us
- That a just turned 2 year old has a Terrible 2 switch embedded in her somewhere (can we switch it back?) LOL
- The many miles add up when you drive to/from Fresno for visitations
- Baths are required after most meals
- That almost everyone who's ever seen the girls mistake them for twins
- Aiden might be allergic to dogs
- The Magic Box (TV) is the girls favorite thing ~ and Mommy & Daddy's when we need to keep them occupied for a little while :o)
- Aiden & Kyra have learned to LOVE DISNEY as much as Mommy & Daddy
- Having a laptop on an airplane or train with a movie to entertain 2 little ones comes in very handy when flying somewhere for a long period of time
- Getting to experience the girls first time going to Disneyland back in April was more fun than we could have ever imagined
- Girls sit through an animated movie really well and even wearing their 3D glasses throughout
- They liked flying in an airplane
- Breaking the girls habit of TV all day, everyday was very hard
- Getting them used to only watching TV Mon, Wed & Fri for 2 hours was quite challenging because they were used to having TV all day, everyday in previous homes
The biggest changes
- Taking in 2 BEAUTIFUL LITTLE GIRLS THAT WE WILL CHERISH FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES!!!
- Going from 2 mouths to feed to 4
- Buying a new home
Aiden's Milestones & What she has learned
- Aiden turning 3 on September 19th, 2009
- Aiden turning 4 on September 19, 2010
- Was potty trained within 2 months in Oct. 2009
- Learned to dress herself without any help from Mommy or Daddy
- Learned to count past 30, learning colors, saying ABC's without help from anyone
- She is a an Artist. We can see her possibly being an artist when she grows up, she draws & colors really well
- Learned to ride a tricycle
- Learned to swim
- Learned that Santa does exist...my Dad ~ LOL
- Starting Preschool in the Fall 2010
Kyra's Milestones & what she has learned
- Kyra turning 2 in May, 2010
- Crawling & walking within the first month
- Learning to feed herself & talk more (she had no words in the beginning)
- Brushes her teeth before bed
- She's a really great climber
- An AWESOME problem solver
- Learned to ride a big wheel
- Learned she is a Big Time WATER BUG (just like me :o))
- Taught herself to climb up ladders & obstacles @ the playgrounds by herself
- I don't know if I would call this a milestone but when you flail yourself like a Monkey your bound to get hurt and fracture your collar bone. That's what happened within the past week.
Not only has our lives changed but changes have occurred in their lives as well. Here are a few snapshots of the girls from the 1st time we met to current. My how they have changed. Emotionally and physically. They have come a long way in a year. IN THE BEGINNING. We also have all our photos from this past year on our Webshots so if you'd like to reflect on them, please feel free to do so.
Jake & I would like to Thank each and every Family member & Friend who have welcomed Aiden & Kyra with open arms. You all mean the world to us and we know you love our girls just as much as we do. We hope the coming years you all will always be a part of their lives as you have ours. Our girls are so lucky to have you all in their lives. With many heart warm hugs & Thanks, we Thank You!
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
So we go see Dr. Shaw and she did X-Ray's and found that Kyra's clavicle a.k.a. collar bone was fractured. She referred us to an Orthopedic Surgeon because she thought it might lead to her having surgery being that the bones were overlapping. She put Kyra in a sling & wrapped an ace bandage around it to get her to keep her arm in the sling. At first Kyra didn't like the sling nor the ace bandage but she got used to it after a few hours. By the next day she was wearing it like a champ. However 2 days after she would wiggle her arm out of the bandage and use her hand to do her usual playing and eating. We'd put her in it at night and when we get her out of the crib the next morning the sling & bandage were on the floor.
So here we are a week after the accident and she is doing really well. She still has the fractured collar bone but the Orthopedic surgeon said it will heal itself within 3-4 weeks. We have a follow-up appt. at the end of 4 weeks but if she hasn't complained about it or doesn't seem to have any problems to just cancel the appt.
She has been through a rough week though, 1st the fracture, her ortho appt yesterday and then today she had her 2 year wellness with Dr. Shaw and she got 5 shots, 3 in 1 leg and 2 in the other. Kyra is now officially caught up on on her immunization shots and is in the percentile that she needs to be in. She weighs 30.3 pounds and 37 inches tall. I feel bad when they have to get the shots, especially in their poor little legs. But Dr. Shaw made it up to her by giving her a sucker and 3 stickers. One being Buzz, she seems to really like Buzz lately.
Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers regarding Kyra's condition. We truly appreciate you and love you all very much. See you next blog.
Thursday, August 5, 2010
After the adoption proceedings we will then make our way to a restaurant and have some lunch and we'd love those who are attending the hearing to join us as well.